Living Effects Decorative / Privacy Screens
Living Effects is a unique decorative screen and outdoor furniture retailer located in Deer Park, Victoria, a suburb just west of Melbourne. With showroom displays of our wide variety of decorative screen designs, materials, and methods of installation for both indoors and outdoors,we specialize in helping our customers create beautiful spaces for their homes and businesses.
Decorative screens can be used to solve a variety of problems or simply for their aesthetic appeal. Outdoor screens made from corten, timber,or metal can be used to create shade, privacy, or added security to your home. Compressed hardwood is the most popular choice for garden screens, as it can endure for years without rotting or warping if properly maintained. Indoor screens made from Integral PVC, acrylic, or MDF in addition to those materials used outdoors can be used as wall art, balustrades, splashbacks, or to divide a room. Choose from over 60 designs, each rated with a sun and visual block-our rating to make it easier for you to choose which ones would work best as privacy screens, pergola cover, window coverings, or to hide an ugly bin area. Metal decorative screens made from mild steel, aluminium, or ACM can be powder-coated in a variety of colors and finishes, while our timber garden screens come in either a smooth or bark-like surface, and sealed with either a Jarrah or charcoal tinted varnish. Corten is a rust-colored metal that weathers extremely well and is one of the best options for outdoor screens.
Come in to visit our showroom today and let our friendly staff help you create beautiful spaces with laser cut screens.
HEALTH ALERT - COVID-19 18 March 2020
The World Health Organisation (WHO) recently declared the Coronavirus outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. In an effort to minimise risk to our employees, sub-contractors and customers, Living Effects has implemented the below in conjunction with advice from WHO & Department of Health (DoH) to combat the risk of Coronavirus:
• Wash hands frequently with soap & water or use an alcohol-based hand rub.
• Practice respiratory hygiene when coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – discard tissue immediately into closed bin and clean your hands as per above.
• Maintain social distancing by upholding as least 1.5m distance between yourself and other people
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with your hands as you can transfer the virus from surfaces to yourself.
• Avoid shaking hands or touching other person/s.
• We recommend you minimise any non-essential domestic or international travel.
• Where possible reduce face to face meetings to phone hook ups, if meetings are required, only have the essential person/s in attendance.
• Avoid large gatherings, particularly indoors.
• Toolbox talks are to be held outside.
• When conditions permit, open doors and windows to let fresh air in.
• Ensure all air conditioning units remain up to date with their quarterly servicing.
• No non-essential visitor/s to site.
• Our cleaning suppliers have been contacted to increase the level of cleaning especially with high contact points. Should you not feel this increased level is met – please advise Head Office.
Please see below extract from the DoH website regarding self-quarantine after returning to Australia from overseas:
“Staying at home means you:
• do not go to public places such as work, school, shopping centres, childcare or university
• ask someone to get food and other necessities for you and leave them at your front door
• do not let visitors in – only people who usually live with you should be in your home
You do not need to wear a mask in your home. If you need to go out to seek medical attention, wear a surgical mask (if you have one) to protect others.
You should stay in touch by phone and on-line with your family and friends.”
Key symptoms of COVID-19 are:
• Sore Throat